I am going to give you today a very ancient mantram which is called the Affirmation of a Disciple. It has been used by disciples in the Masters’ Ashrams for thousands of years and is today given out by me to all true disciples; it can now be used by them upon the outer plane and incorporated daily in their meditation. During this coming year I would like you to follow a meditation procedure as outlined below, the intention of which is to strengthen your pledge through affirmation, stabilize your orientation and give you intuitive insight into this new Invocation.
1. The Stage of Alignment and Recollection. This produces recognition of spiritual status and objectives. It involves recognition also of the Ashram and dedication to the Master, tinder two symbols: the soul and the central Point in the Ashram.
2. The Stage of Affirmation. Say with your whole heart as a soul the following ancient mantram:
“I am a point of light within a greater Light.
I am a strand of loving energy within the stream of Love divine.
I am a point of sacrificial Fire, focussed within the fiery Will of God.
And thus I stand.
I am a way by which men may achieve.
I am a source of strength, enabling them to stand.
I am a beam of light, shining upon their way.
And thus I stand.
And standing thus revolve
And tread this way the ways of men,
And know the ways of God.
And thus I stand.”
This, brother of mine, is the best I can do with words and phrases as I attempt to transcribe into language words so ancient that they antedate both Sanskrit and Senza. But the meaning is clear and that is the point of importance.
3. The Stage of Orientation. This is a period of quiet thought upon the significance of the affirmation.
4. The Stage of Meditation. This is concerned with the four stanzas of the new Invocation. I am going to leave you free to consider this Invocation in your own way and to approach this most important and significant mantram from the highest possible point of your individual intuitive perception. I would ask you to meditate on what appear to you to be the planetary implications, but would also remind you to consider the individual parallels. All that is invoked on behalf of humanity is also susceptible of interpretation in a personal sense, regarding the personality as the microcosm of the Macrocosm and as the field for the circulation of light and love, for the expression of the Christ Life and of the sacrificial Will, plus the instrument of service and an area in which evil is scaled, frustrated and rendered futile. At the end of the year, I would ask you to embody your understanding of the Invocation and your interpretation of it (both macrocosmically and microcosmically approached) in a paper. These papers, if truly the result of intuitive perception, could constitute a useful book, giving the general public a truer comprehension of words which will condition the thinking of spiritually-minded people for many decades.
5. The Stage of Fixed Determination.
a. A reflection upon the distinction between Purpose, Will and Intention.
b. A period of complete, focussed silence as you seek to present an unobstructed channel for the inflow of light, love and strength from the Hierarchy.
c. A statement to the personality, made by you the soul, the disciple:
“In the center of the will of God I stand.
Naught shall deflect my will from his.
I implement that will by love.
I turn towards the field of service.
I, the Triangle divine, work out that will
Within the square and serve my fellowmen.”